Chulture Shock and Crisis

This is where Jason's ICC students can submit their sixth ODB assignments. (Deadline: 11/18 11:59pm)

Moderator: Soon Mi

star71u

Chulture Shock and Crisis

Post by star71u »

Last friday, we had a game called 'Barnga'. It had the 5 tricks each of them. Honestly, playing cards didn't familiar to me. Jason started explaining how to play this game. I tried to understand many rules not to fail the game because of my stupidity. Whew~ It wasn't easy to catch them expectedly. First round, I had very high tension to watch the development of the game. But it was a little bit enjoyable. It wasn't important that competing for victory in itself. Also, my partner Yunseo teacher was very smart. I relyed on her. But second round, we changed the opposing team. Something was wrong!! We insisted on our rules right. Regulated rules were totally different each other. A tense atmosphere could be felt in the class. Frankly speaking, I didn't realised what happened even then. Later, I could know what was going on. Jason said we experienced 'Culture Shock'. He deceived us again!!! EVenthough I really hated him, but I became aware of 'chulture shock'. I learned a lesson; Prepare to accept different (or various) cultures. That's why he desinged the funny game.

Lee Miyoung

Re: Chulture Shock and Crisis

Post by Lee Miyoung »

I also didn't understand the rule like you at first time. But It's not a big deal. just we are unfamiliar with that.

ICC_yuri

Re: Chulture Shock and Crisis

Post by ICC_yuri »

It shows how we react when we absorb other culture. It was pretty shocked game but enjoyable moment we can share how we felt during game, getting advice from activity. I thought I was opened mind, but I realized I need to be more generous.