We are the WORLD

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their final paragraph if they choose option B instead of the original final project.

Moderator: Soon Mi

hyunsoo jung

We are the WORLD

Post by hyunsoo jung » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:57 am

I had some knowledge about culture different before study this course. The language, food, traditional costume are different various countries. Of course this extent varies from country to country. When I answered the intercultural test, I didn’t check “Basic ideas of good and bad should differ from country to country” before studied intercultural class but after class I did check it. I though, I understood about intercultural but it was wrong. It is difficult that understands another culture. Sometimes we feel uncomfortable or not associated with me. After I prepared mini-lesson I knew about my traditional culture, history of another country and respect their tradition. I think, before study the another language first, we should deepen one’s understanding of other cultures.

Clara Park

Re: We are the WORLD

Post by Clara Park » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:33 am

Yes, I totally agree with you. Teaching cultures nad languages should happen at the same time because they are not separable as you know.
Also, I think we can promote the intrinsic motivation of students by exposing them to the various cultures.