Good Lessons in Real Life

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their final paragraph if they choose option B instead of the original final project.

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC_yuri

Good Lessons in Real Life

Post by ICC_yuri » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 am

Before I took this intercultural class, I felt uncomfortable to understand cultural diversity with opened-mind and also I recognized other culture as something unnatural things around me; since I live in Korea, I thought I don’t need to concern about other cultural issue. The beginning of class, I checked “disagree” mark on the “When someone I know says something bad about another culture, it angers me.” I used to and tried to see only good aspects of its culture and defend myself from negative aspects of its culture such as food culture, behavior, or religion. Now I changed to “agree” mark! Communication is how to people interact and communicate their idea, feeling, opinion and culture. Its goal is to promote mutual reflection, understanding, and enable to intercultural interaction between people all over the world. I loved to know about two types of culture; Big C and small c culture. It gave me great information to better understand. And I enjoyed “Romeo and Juliet” a lot. It was shocking topic but gave me great advice and lesson. When I teach my students, I will try to teach English and intercultural sensitivity at the same time.