Understanding of various culture

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their final paragraph if they choose option B instead of the original final project.

Moderator: Soon Mi

star71u

Understanding of various culture

Post by star71u » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 am

Before this class ICC, I had no idea about it. Also I couldn't know how much important it was to understand various culture. But, through this ICC class, I was alarmed by my naivety and ignorance of interculture. I learned about interculture such as Big C, Small C, Fluent Fool, Target Culture, Source Culture, International Target Culture, Queen's nglish, Intercultural Communication and so on. Most of all, I remember the final group project with wonderful peers, the shocking card game and also, DMIS; Intercultural Sensitivity Quiz. I tested my Intercultural Sensitivity survey twice September and December. The really big change is my attitude about culture. When analyze and evaluate my result, I am sure that I am Ethnorelative person! I got Denial(3), Defense(3), Minimaization(7), Acceptance(12), Adaptation(2), and Integration(2). Until now, I review the ICC class which I have learned. Even though I quit this tesol course, I will learn about many various different culture of countries.