Discuss idioms and slang from different English speaking countries.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
- Location: South Korea
Sometimes my wife tries to set people up and when she does we offer to do a double date so the people meeting for the first time don't feel too much pressure.
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 am
It is strange to go out on a double date with someone you don't know.
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm
I have never been on a double date, but I think it would be awkward.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 pm
These days, double date doesn't seem to be the trend. But I have seen it in the drama "Boys Before Flowers" in 2009, so I guess it's still not so much old-fashioned.
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm
I don't like double date. It bothers me to mind another couple.
Han Dong Geol
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:58 am
i never been to double. it will be backward to see my friend talking funny to his girlfriend.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm
I heard from my friend who have been to France as exchange student that French student sometimes enjoy double date.
lee geo wool
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 am
I've never been on a double date, but that sounds really fun. So now all I need is a boyfriend.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am
Going on a double date with other couple is always fun because I could spend less
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm
Double date is not that common in Korea whereas in America I found out many couples do double date.
Jae Eun Cho
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 am
I always wanted to go double date with my friends since I was a student, but I didn't have opportunity to go until now.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 am
I really want to go double, tripple or whatever date someday.. It'll be really fun ! especially at a ski resort, or amusement park.
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 am
Kyong Min wrote:I have never been on a double date, but I think it would be awkward.
I have never done a double date.
You would better use this sentence
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 pm
Last week I was asked if my girlfriend and I would go out on a double date with another couple but I said no.