A scoliosis surgery

English vocabulary words in a biological or medical context.

A scoliosis surgery

Postby Kimberly Lin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 pm

One of my students named Ellen Son, who was fourteen years old at the time, was told to get a scoliosis surgery; a scoliosis surgery is required when your vertebrae is bent to 39 or 40 degrees. A scoliosis surgery fuses or joins the vertebre along the curve with metal supporting frames which would correct your vertebrae and make it straightup. However, the disadvantage of this surgery is that you can not bend your vertebrae anymore, and this would ruin a girl's life when a girl can have a brighter future ahead of her and would have to get married sometime in her life in the future. This was the reason why my student's parents did not want this surgery and her parents had a tiny little hope because Ellen's vertebrae was bent to 38 degrees. Their parents tried all the other method such as yoga, acupuncture, excersices and many other method where two years later her spine became straight, and she no longer needed the scoliosis surgery.

Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine where the surgery uses metal supporting frames to fuse or join the vertebre along the curve to straighten up your vertebrae.
Kimberly Lin

Re: A scoliosis surgery

Postby larry zhan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 pm

hi. kimberly lin
it is very good medical record. i want take by talk with you for next time. thanks.
larry
larry zhan

Postby yana » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 am

Kimberly Lin wrote:One of my students named Ellen Son, who was fourteen years old at the time, was told to get a scoliosis surgery; a scoliosis surgery is required when your vertebrae is bent to 39 or 40 degrees. A scoliosis surgery fuses or joins the vertebre along the curve with metal supporting frames which would correct your vertebrae and make it straightup. However, the disadvantage of this surgery is that you can not bend your vertebrae anymore, and this would ruin a girl's life when a girl can have a brighter future ahead of her and would have to get married sometime in her life in the future. This was the reason why my student's parents did not want this surgery and her parents had a tiny little hope because Ellen's vertebrae was bent to 38 degrees. Their parents tried all the other method such as yoga, acupuncture, excersices and many other method where two years later her spine became straight, and she no longer needed the scoliosis surgery.

Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine where the surgery uses metal supporting frames to fuse or join the vertebre along the curve to straighten up your vertebrae.

I am imagine that surgery is scream,. :o
yana

Postby boxcar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 am

Interesting story. So it was cured by exercise and not surgery? If so, that is very encouraging. :)
boxcar

Postby PeteGallego » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

No long-term, prospective controlled studies exist to support the hypothesis that surgical intervention for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis is superior to natural history. There is no medical necessity for surgery based upon the literature.
PeteGallego

Postby Jess » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm

After i read this medical record , At first i felt so sorry for her but the end her spine became an normal spine that was so great. I just want to tell to my friends at here , I had some problems about my neck , It was not bad as her had. but It was really bother me all the time ,but after the correct exercises , it helped a lot . :P
Jess

Postby Albion » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

The medical hiring procedure is constantly modifying and modifying, but certain key components are always real and never modify, First, features will always need team....
Albion

Postby James Trotta » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:43 am

Great try at making a comparison here. Try something like... It was not as bad as what she had.
Jess wrote:After i read this medical record , At first i felt so sorry for her but the end her spine became an normal spine that was so great. I just want to tell to my friends at here , I had some problems about my neck , It was not bad as her had. but It was really bother me all the time ,but after the correct exercises , it helped a lot . :P
James Trotta
Site Admin

Return to Biology & medical vocabulary